The Multi Intensive Care Unit is a clinical area where advanced technology and medical expertise come together to provide care for the most seriously ill patients. The Unit has 10 beds, including four isolation rooms. Activity in the unit is continuous, including patient assessment, evaluation, treatment, medication, laboratory tests, x-rays, and other procedures at all hours of the day and night, as required, to maintain the highest level of health care.
- Due to the lack of space and the risk of infection, you are requested not to send/bring flowers to the Unit.
- Cellphones, Laptops, Tablets and other electronic devices may not be used in the MICU as they interfere with the electronic equipment in the Unit.
15h00 – 16h00 and 19h15 – 20h00
- Visits in the unit are strictly controlled for the well-being of patients.
- Only two visitors per patient at a time are allowed.
- No children under the age of 12 years are allowed in the unit.
If a Paediatric patient is admitted in the Multi Intensive Care Unit, either one of the parents may stay with the patient. Please arrange this with the Unit Manager or the Shift Leader.